Tuesday, March 29, 2011

INSIST ON LOVE

I have been entertained by the information stream from the alternative movement in health and spirituality for many years. I say entertained, because all this information has not necessarily lead to attainment in any sense. The best possible advice and most trustworthy assurance regarding health or personal growth often leads to no change in oneself and I have forgotten most of what I have read.
     But a certain piece of advice stands out for me. I was reading about positive thinking and came across suggestions for affirmations to improve your life (which we mostly try out to see if we can GET what we want!) This one had an interesting twist. It read as follows:
      “Today, I shall give love and receive love in everything that I do.”
     Get that:“…and RECEIVE love” in everything that I do.
     Somehow we always think that others should be put first and us last. The point here is that if you allow yourself to be treated with a lack of love, you are actually allowing another person to perpetrate an act that lacks love.
     Uh-oooh. Would you stand by and allow another to treat your friend, mother or child like that? Not if it is in your power to prevent it.
     Every person is not graced with the same personal, material and spiritual power to affect their world, but a change in perspective already opens a whole new world.

No comments:

Post a Comment